Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Blessing of Younger Girls

The other day I (Ashlyn) had the wonderful privilege of having a long conversation with Mika. I’ve only known Mika for about a year, but every time I have the chance to talk with her, she brightens my day. She’s a couple of grades younger than I am, and yet, she teaches me a lot. She is the perfect example of how, in a friendship between and older and younger girl, it doesn’t always have to be the older one ministering to the younger one. In fact, I admire and I have learned a lot from Mika! She genuinely takes in interest in how I am doing, and I always feel like she cares about me. I have much to learn from her joyful countenance, and gentle spirit. This particular day, while watching my siblings’ swim practice, we began talking with a mom whom we did not know. Because Mika is so friendly and engaging, she immediately found out that this mom’s daughter ran triathlons (which Mika just happens to be amazing at), and sweet Mika began pouring out encouragement and competition “tips” to this complete stranger. I could just see how blessed the mom felt, and I felt proud to be Mika’s friend. Even our younger sisters in Christ can make an impact on our lives. Isn’t it neat how God works that way? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment