Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Two Great Girls

Although not “official” mentorships, there are two younger SCA girls that especially come to mind when I (Ashlyn)think of investing in the life of someone else. Anna and Emma are special to me and a lot of fun to spend time with too.

Emma has a great family newsletter that she writes and sends to me monthly. She is so talented and I feel special to be included on her mailing list. She and I are both letter writers, so we send a lot of snail mail back and forth! With email and Facebook being so popular, it’s especially fun for me to get a real letter from Emma! Whenever I see her, I make a point of checking in on her latest news. We have a few (both good and challenging) things in common, and I pray that God will use me as an encouragement in Emma’s life!

I have known Anna for as many years as I can remember. Once, both our families were involved in a team teaching group. It was then that I grew to appreciate her intelligence and curiosity about life. Recently, she began to compete on our speech and debate team. Remembering how intimidating that could all be at first, I have enjoyed helping her with her speeches and debate cases. Just the other day, she came over to my house to practice, and we had a great time! I was even able to give her a couple of my now-too-small-debate suits. In so many ways, I am blessed to have Anna as a part of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment